How to edit a Data Collection
- To edit a Data Collection start by navigating to Content > Data Collections.
- Select the Data Collection by clicking on it in the list view.
- The first tab you will see is the Items tab. These are essentially the rows in a table. Before we start adding Data Items, let's continue setting up the Data Collection first.
- The Settings tab will display the general information you typed in to create the Data Collection. Feel free to review and make any changes if necessary.
- Next in the Fields tab you will see some default field options below. To the right a preview for each field is shown in the Form Editor Preview.
- If you would like to add some custom fields click the Add Field button.
- The Layouts tab contains 3 default layouts. Layouts are used for editing and displaying information in a Data Collection.
- Detail View Layout: The Detail View is how a Data Collection displays the details of a single item.
- Edit Layout: The Edit Layout is the view used to edit a single item in a Data Collection.
- List View Layout: The List View is how a Data Collection will display its list of items.
- Autoresponder allows an email notification to be sent when a Data Item has been added to a Data Collection.
- Customer Permissions is for the frontend operations of Data Collections. You can allow your website visitors to Add New, Edit, Delete, Upload Files, and more.