In the Website Portal under Site > Hosting > Site Domains is where to map a real live domain to your BlueberryCMS website.
Here's a couple questions to be answered before proceeding:
- Have you purchased a BlueberryCMS Hosting Plan? This is required in order to use our Site Domains features.
- Is this going to be the primary domain for your website or just a secondary domain?
- Do you need to create email accounts for your domain or is that being hosted elsewhere?
- Do you know how to manage your domain's DNS records and have access to do so?
- Click the Add Site Domain button.
- In the Domain section, in the first field you'll see that WWW has already been filled out for you by default. You can update this to something else if necessary. In the next field, type in YOURDOMAIN.com
- Default Page allows you to select the page that loads first when a user accesses the domain in their web browser. This will automatically select whichever Web Page you've marked as the "Default Page" in your list of pages, but can be overridden here if necessary.
- Email Setting allows you to select whether or not you need email services for your domain. By default this is set to "No" as it is common for these days for domain owners to use 3rd party email services like G-Suite and Office 365. Select Yes if you wish to use our email services which provides basic IMAP accounts for your domain. By selecting Yes, you will be able to use the Site > Hosting > Email Accounts section to manage your accounts.
- IMPORTANT FOR ADOBE BUSINESS CATALYST USERS: Do not cancel your BC subscription until email has been moved to BlueberryCMS! Please contact our technical support team. BlueberryCMS uses the same email provider as Adobe Business Catalyst. All that is required is a reseller switch with OpenSRS. We can facilitate the whole process and none of your customers will need to change anything as all email server settings stay the same.
- Default URL is selected by default as the primary domain for your account. If your site has multiple domains, be sure to select this option only for your primary domain and uncheck for any secondary domains.
- Use SSL - This option is Disabled by default until you click the Save button. The regular HTTP version of the domain needs to be provisioned before you can go back and select the HTTPS version. DNS verification is also required in order to provision an SSL Certificate. Please see our Using SSL Certificates guide for more information.
- Forward HTTP to HTTPS - Same as above. This option remains Disabled until you Save the Site Domain first.
- Forward Root Domain - This enables the feature that points your apex domain, also known as a root domain, or a naked domain, and forwards it to your Site Domain. For example: YOURDOMAIN.COM --> WWW.YOURDOMAIN.COM - Please keep in mind that in order for this to work, you need to create an (A) record for your root domain that points to our server. See the next steps below for creating DNS records.
What happens next?
Now it's time to setup your DNS records and publish your pages!